Reporting a Neighborhood Disturbance


Neighbor 1 - Reporting a Neighborhood Disturbance

Loyola Marymount University is committed to fostering strong relationships in the neighborhood. Throughout the year, LMU’s Department of Off Campus Student Life provides regular education to off-campus students about what it means to be a good neighbor, focusing on building positive community relations and encouraging personal responsibility. However, in the event of a student disturbance, this is the process to effectively file a complaint.

LMU’s Community Relations office works closely with our Department of Off Campus Student Life, Office for Student Conduct and Community Responsibility, and Public Safety (DPS), as well as with the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) and the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office to address student conduct issues. It is important to report incidents while they are occurring by calling both DPS and LAPD.

  • LMU Public Safety: 310-338-2893
  • LAPD non-emergency dispatch: 877-ASK-LAPD (877-275-5273)

If there are available resources, the university may dispatch a DPS officer or a security contractor to the scene of an off-campus incident to observe and take down a report. The university needs this objective report to understand what transpired to determine what action to take and to hold the students accountable when necessary. Remember that only LAPD, not DPS, has enforcement authority to make contact, break-up parties, issue citations, and make arrests if municipal ordinances are being violated.

The Pacific Division headquarters is located at 12312 Culver Blvd, Los Angeles 90066. If you have any questions, you may contact the Senior Lead Officers below. They will notify the Neighborhood Prosecutor in the City Attorney’s Office if appropriate.

Due to federal privacy laws, LMU may not disclose what sanctions, if any, have been imposed on students. For further question, please contact Fred Puza, associate director of Community Relations, at 310.338.2759 or