LMU Athletics is hiring for two Gameday Statistics Expert positions for the upcoming men’s and women’s basketball seasons. The roles involve computer input and calling out plays. Both positions are paid and will work closely together with other staff keeping stats, the sport contact from LMU media relations, and the gameday crew.
The role of the caller is to have eyes on the court at all times. This person is responsible for being the voice that the inputter hears. The caller must ensure that the five players on the court are always accurate, describe the plays as they are happening, and understand which prompts are appearing on the inputters computer screen to ensure that calls are announced in the proper order.
The inputter’s role is to take the words of the caller and input them into the stats program. This requires an understanding of where everything is located both on the program and on the court. An ability to translate words into actions is critical. This person must also be versed in troubleshooting when a problem arises.
Requirements for these positions include:
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of the NCAA rules for men’s and women’s basketball.
- Have a clear understanding of how to use a computer and quickly acclimate to learning and using the stats software.
- The ability to make quick and accurate reads of the plays on the court and quickly and accurately input them into the NCAA live stats program.
- Punctuality to all assigned games, arriving at minimum 30 minutes prior to tip-off to set up the software, and staying after the game until stats are confirmed with the official scorer and final stats books are printed.
- Professional attitude and attire are required for all games.
- Must be dependable and reliable as games often occur during evenings, weekends and holidays.
NCAA LiveStats is a free download from NCAAManager.com. Additional FAQ, tutorials, and practice games can be found in the Know More tab of that site. The NCAA is on year two of the current 10-year lease to use NCAA LiveStats at all contests. The West Coast Conference is mandating the adoption of the program for men’s and women’s basketball for this upcoming 2019-20 season.
For more information about applying to either of these positions, click here.